The following article shows a step by step guide on how to find and extract the physics files from an rFactor 2 mod.
In rFactor 2, the physics files are all included within a series of .MAS files that make up the actual mod, unlike rFactor where they used to be easily accessible without the need of extracting them from a MAS file.
We'll focus on finding and extracting these particular files:
Here are the steps to follow:
1) In Windows explorer, navigate to \rFactor2\Support\Tools and open MAS2.exe.
2) After the "gMotor2 MAS File Utility" opens up, click on File and then Open.
3) In this step is where you will select the mod you want to explore. Navigate to \rFactor2\Installed\Vehicles, then select the mod and continue searching for the location that has all the .MAS files.
4) Once you've found the .MAS file that contains the files with the extensions shown above, click them one by one while holding down the CTRL key. It should look something like this:
5) Then click on Edit and then Extract.
6) Pick the location where you want to extract the files and then click OK.
That's it! You've just extracted the most important files in a mod. In later articles you will find what information to take out from them that might be useful when setting up your car.
SRH Founder and Director