New

Donations

Tuesday, 01 March 2016
  74 Replies
  36.3K Visits
Votes
Undo

For those of you that love what we are doing, here's where you can have a monetary contribution.

Thanks in advance!
SimRacingHub

========================================================================

Here's our list of expenses for 2017:

Dedicated Server:

As some of you know, I run the server from my home connection but was looking to have a dedicated one setup for official events, to keep costs down like we did in 2015. The server costs the following:

$0.404 per hour

We have 20 races for this season, each event consists of two official days which are Tuesday for Practice and Thursday for Quali and the Race. I also need about 30 minutes to setup the server for an event. Assuming I turn on the server for the first Official Practice to test the system from 9:20pm till 11:30pm after the mini-races are over, and then I turn on the server for every Quali and Race from 9:20pm till 11:45pm on Thursdays. If we calculate the time each event requires, we end up with:

2.1667 hours (first Practice) + [2.4167 hours (each Race) * 20 events] + [0.5 hours (setup time) * 20 events] = 60.5007 hours for the entire season.

Therefore, 60.5007 hours * $0.404 per hour = $24.44 per year.

Not bad for a 1 Gbps up/down server!

TeamSpeak:

Our TeamSpeak server has a 30 user capacity and is running the entire year. The cost for it is $5.57 per month.

Therefore, $5.57 * 12 months = $66.84 per year.

Here's where it gets expensive.

Domain renewal (simracinghub.com) is $14.95 per year
Domain protection (simracinghub.com) is $24.00 per year
Hosting (simracinghub.com) is $323.40 per year

In total, the website costs $362.35 per year.

If we add Server + TeamSpeak + Website it ends up being $453.63 per year.

I'm not including how much I pay for tools such as Photoshop and Premier, which I use for our website and our videos. That alone is $50 per month. And of course, the precious time that I put into the league is also not being added to the equation.

There you go guys, now you know what I'm facing and what's necessary to keep the league running :)

5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Everybody should kick down for this stuff to stay alive. Great job guys! I'm in for 30.00 ;)
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks for the donations Richard Haynie and Sam Steffy!
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hey guys, I just got an email from our webhost that in 30 days we have to renew the website. I'll have to pay $267.95 to extend it for another year.

Donations are welcome!!!

Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director

4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
It is that time of the year again guys!

I will be soon posting our budget for the season and start accepting donations! :p

Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director

4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Donation sent!
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
sent a little to help!
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thank you Darren and Denise!

Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director

4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
"denise" lol thats my daughters paypal lmao! :D
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
i just gave a bit to help with the bills :D :D ;)
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
;)
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Done.
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Sent.
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Done.
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thank you, Richard Haynie, Keyter, Brandon, Cory, and DC!

Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director

4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Here's our list of expenses for 2017:

Dedicated Server:

As some of you know, I run the server from my home connection but was looking to have a dedicated one setup for official events, to keep costs down like we did in 2015. The server costs the following:

$0.404 per hour

We have 20 races for this season, each event consists of two official days which are Tuesday for Practice and Thursday for Quali and the Race. I also need about 30 minutes to setup the server for an event. Assuming I turn on the server for the first Official Practice to test the system from 9:20pm till 11:30pm after the mini-races are over, and then I turn on the server for every Quali and Race from 9:20pm till 11:45pm on Thursdays. If we calculate the time each event requires, we end up with:

2.1667 hours (first Practice) + [2.4167 hours (each Race) * 20 events] + [0.5 hours (setup time) * 20 events] = 60.5007 hours for the entire season.

Therefore, 60.5007 hours * $0.404 per hour = $24.44 per year.

Not bad for a 1 Gbps up/down server!

TeamSpeak:

Our TeamSpeak server has a 30 user capacity and is running the entire year. The cost for it is $5.57 per month.

Therefore, $5.57 * 12 months = $66.84 per year.

Here's where it gets expensive.

Domain renewal (simracinghub.com) is $14.95 per year
Domain protection (simracinghub.com) is $24.00 per year
Hosting (simracinghub.com) is $323.40 per year

In total, the website costs $362.35 per year.

If we add Server + TeamSpeak + Website it ends up being $453.63 per year.

I'm not including how much I pay for tools such as Photoshop and Premier, which I use for our website and our videos. That alone is $50 per month. And of course, the precious time that I put into the league is also not being added to the equation.

There you go guys, now you know what I'm facing and what's necessary to keep the league running :)

Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director

4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
So if each of the 22 F1 drivers gave $20.64, that would cover it?
$22.70 if there are only 20 drivers. Sounds reasonable and affordable!
Sign me up!
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
exactly richard , he's not asking anyone to send him a hundred bucks! if its a hardship im sure 5 bucks wouldnt be all that hard.
any amount is helpful to those who pay the way for us to race here.
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
That is correct. I'm not imposing a fee to race, this is all on each other's will.

I wish we could charge $22.70 but knowing how that would go, we wouldn't have any new drivers :(

Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director

4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I have always chipped in something to these leagues because 1 I like it and 2 $20-50 is not a lot for the hours and hours of entertainment.

I put in $30 which was $42 of our monopoly money but I can donate some more during the season just my last Months CC bill was $3500 and I pay it off every month so I don't pay interest.
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Oh BTW if I haven't I'd like to say thank you to Janos for the excellent work you have done to get this league organised and running. really really great. Thanks!
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!