Given some issues we recently noticed with the DRS not activating for everyone, try this:
1. Back up your setup and close rFactor 2.
2. Go to your rFactor 2's locations folder: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations\" and remove the folder "BahrainIC_2022".
3. Go to your rFactor 2's packages folder: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Packages\" and remove "BahrainIC_2022.rfcmp" and/or "SRHF1_Bahrain_S397.rfcmp"
4. Launch rFactor 2 then click on the "Content & Settings" tab.
5. Click on "MANAGE CONTENT" and then on the "STORE CONTENT" tab.
6. You should see in the list "Bahrain International Circuit" with a "YES" for "IN LIBRARY" and an orange checkmark.
7. Click on the "PENDING UPDATES" tab and then on "Finish pending updates"
8. To verify everything is correct after this, go to your rFactor 2's location folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations\" and see if you have the folder "BahrainIC_2022" and then inside this folder, you should have "1.10" and "1.11".
9. Join the server, it should download our update automatically.
10. If all is correct, you should have the folder "1.12SRH" next to the "1.10" and "1.11" folders.
NOTE: Steps 6 and 7 may vary depending on whether you have automatic updates selected or not. These instructions were created with that option disabled.
One workaround to get the DRS working that I found last night after the Official Practice is to do this:
1. Launched rF2 and went to "CONTENT & SETTINGS" then "MANAGE CONTENT"
2. Un-checked the "AUTOMATIC UPDATES" checkbox on the right side
3. Went to "SINGLEPLAYER"
4. Clicked on "SELECT SERIES" and selected "ALL TRACKS & CARS"
5. Clicked on "SELECT TRACK" and selected "BAHRAIN" from the "BAHRAIN 1.11" dropdown
6. Clicked on "START RACING!" to get on track
7. Exited the track back to "SINGLEPLAYER"
8. Clicked on "SELECT SERIES" and selected "SRHF1_2023_R01_F"
9. Went to "MULTIPLAYER" and joined the server.
10.1 - Protests must be lodged privately to the Race Director using Discord before noon (12:00) of the day after the race. Protests submitted after the allowed timeframe or in public will be automatically dismissed.
10.2 - Protests must adhere to the following format:
[*] Name of the accused driver as indicated in the unofficial results
[*] Start time of the incident as indicated by the official replay time or position
[*] End time as indicated by the official replay time or position
[*] Brief description of the complaint
[*] Article presumed to be in breach
10.3 - SRH Management will then label each admitted incident with a case number.
10.4 - Only cockpit view replays of drivers involved in incidents will be provided to the stewards.
10.5 - Accused drivers will have until midnight (00:00) of the day after the race to privately present arguments to the Race Director on Discord.
10.6 - Reports and/or arguments will be dismissed by the SRH Management under the following conditions:
[*] Nonadherence to the format shown in Article 10.2
[*] Public posts, including videos
[*] Presence of offensive language toward another driver
10.7 - All decisions made by the stewards published by the SRH Management are final and not subject to appeal.