Thursday, 11 November 2021
  40 Replies
  713 Visits
Votes
Undo
Hi all,

We are trying something different this year thanks to SurveyMonkey now charging for creating surveys with them.

This time, we will post each question directly on this topic for you to answer.

Those that answer all 26 questions, including the open-ended ones, will receive 30 bonus points towards the Performance Ranking.

The survey will close on November 21st, 2021.
SRH Management locked this post — 3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo
Question 21

What is the best time for you to start Qualifying?
(14 Votes)
3 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo
Now the open-ended questions:

Question 22 - Do you have any general comments on the 2021 mod?

Answer:

Question 23 - Do you have any general comments about the league?

Answer:

Question 24 - List a few things that you liked about the 2021 season

Answer:

Question 25 - List a few things that you disliked about the 2021 season

Answer:

Question 26 - What would you like to see changed, improved, or implemented in 2022? Your answer can be about the league as a whole, the car, regulations, etc.

Answer:
SRH Management unlocked this post — 3 weeks ago
SRH Management featured this post — 3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo

I think that, once again, the brake duct is having too much of an impact on lap-time, not to mention that brake wear is always a concern beyond many other factors where it shouldn't be.

My observation is that we need to do better at attracting more drivers and retaining them for the full year.

- My on-track battles with Cory, Otto, Walcott, Harto, Cooper.
- I improved my performance from 2020 despite practicing much less.
- Few back-to-back races.

- My teammate abandoned me at the beginning of the season...
- The brake duct's impact.
- The few races with low attendance.
- What happened after the Hockenheim race...

Question 26 - What would you like to see changed, improved, or implemented in 2022? Your answer can be about the league as a whole, the car, regulations, etc.

- I'd like to see a reduced calendar that completely avoids back-to-back races.
- I think the penalty points need to be tweaked a bit. For example, the penalty for not returning to the pits after the checkered flag is too harsh.
- I'd like to have a car that you can push to the limit and that winning or losing is not determined by the size of the brake duct.

Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director

3 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo

Answer: I enjoyed it for the most part.

Answer: The league is good and competitive throughout the grid.

Answer: I like that it follows the real schedule, for the most part.

Answer: The sensitivity of the brakes to failure was troubling for many. I'd also like to see the softest tires wear quicker and the hardest last longer while losing time accordingly.
Civility should be a consideration at all times. No ranting on the Discord, insults on the forum.

Answer: Id like the race to come AFTER the actual race instead of before. I think this would add to the experience as people could learn things from the real race.
3 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo

Answer: The brake bias required to not wear out the brakes made it harder to not lock up the brakes on the rear. I ran out of brakes twice.

Answer: Well run. I like the attempt to be even more real with on track rules

Answer: Lots of current content on the web pages and forum. Makes league look active.

Answer: Some of the drivers behavior in the forum is not very professional and may be impacting the league negatively.

Answer: Since I do not actively participate, I'm not sure I would be the best person to ask. Better brakes maybe, but I figured it out over time.
3 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo

Answer: Too close to the 2020 mod. The brakes seemed to be a bigger concern than any other year.

Answer: League is run great, always great info.

Answer: Good turn out for the most part. Follow the real F1, for the most part.

Answer: Some of the driving, and rulings on driving that doesn't dissuade overly aggressive moves and blocking.

Answer: I would like to see a whole new car, the 2022 car, if that's possible. I would like to see LESS fuel management. I want to race, not play with fuel settings all race. Harsher penalties than 5 seconds. Longer damage fixing in the pits. If that was in place it might make guys think twice about maybe doing something that could possibly lose a front wing.
3 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo

The brakes and map engine management have too much influence in the performance

Good drivers.

My first season on the league, lots of learning
Some respectful battles on track

The brakes
Management of fuel
Races with low attendance

New physics, new car like real F1
3 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo

Answer: Mod wasnt much different as expected from previous year. Too much performance gained from the brakes.

Answer: The league is very well run one of the best out there. No issues with Admin.

Answer: Some good battles in general a lot of respect out there

Answer: I think we should have shorter Qually Sessions this could also make it more exciting and quicker movement thru to race. Also there have been a few cases of negative combative attitudes and some bad shit in the forums. A lot of us have very tough work schedules or struggle with the times of the races last thing we then want to see is nasty comments or keep dredging shit up. Keep it clean on and off the track or race elsewhere. We have Stewards and Admin that should be enough End of Story!!

Answer: Some new rules on sportsmanship and better decisive action on inappropriate situations. New Physics. We do know that all the teams in real life say the cars will actually be a little quicker not slower next year we also know it should be more grippy with less aero and easier to follow. These are things we know. Also alot of people are rear ended and they seems to loose out the most. Cant we make the front wing weaker and rear one stronger? And anything you can do to start earlier or maybe run qual on Tuesday night instead on mini race and then the race doesnt have to start so late on Thursday. I would imagine more turn out both nights?

Also does any mod out there actually have a good sound thats actually decent ?
2 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo

Answer: Too much/too little drag from brakes.

Answer: Teammate system now is just a who's who club. Same guys in teams every year. No one wants to be my teammate so just race and practice alone, which just makes me practice less and suffer on set up because I have no one to share with. I've shared my set up with others who are behind on lap times so at least maybe they can improve or help them out a little. Maybe guys don't like me? No one asked me be teammate so I get the feeling people would rather have me not here. outside looking in. I've raced with most here for over 10 years so I'm a bit disappointed because at one time I was in the mix for the team battle. guess I'm too slow now.

Answer: Less back to back races, I wish we could just race every 2 weeks starting in beginning of March. Some good battles for that 10th place single point.

Answer: Having my brother as teammate because I knew he would bail, But it was my only option. Getting the brake ducts confused and running max brakes at Italy which cost me from my calculations at least 1 second per lap.

Answer: no back to back races ever. 2 weeks between races starting At beginning of March, better teammate distribution to make that part interesting.
2 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo

Answer: Mod itself felt pretty good just the brake ducts were way too important. Pace of the hard tires made them not useable most of the year.

Answer: Great Admin and Drivers.

Answer: competitiveness, low back to back races

Answer: brake ducts, hards didn't seem useable much of the year

Answer: no back to backs, quicker/more consistent hard tires, less brake duct aero impact
2 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo
Actually, Cory, you don't have the right to say what ever you want in a privately run forum. Even in a public place there are rules about what you can say. Yelling "Fire!" in a crowded space will get you in big trouble if there is damage or injury or even the intent to do so. Plenty of other examples exist. In a place like this, you may be allowed in purely by the discretion of the person running the web site and they can then setup rules for participants to follow. If you break these rules of conduct, it is well within their rights to ban you.

For your reading pleasure:
https://accessiblelaw.untdallas.edu/limits-free-speech-social-media
2 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo
Answer:
It was another step forward to more closely replicating F1 cars.
Aero was an improvement over last year. Tires were an improvement. Brakes were better with regard to actual brake bias required. Engine/power management good. Mod responded pretty well to setup changes.
While there's always room for improvement, the fact that our fast guys' lap times are quite similar to the actual F1 fast guys' is a testament to the accuracy of our mod.

Answer:
Really good group of guys, great "camaraderie".
Administration has a very professional quality about it that makes one proud to be a member.
The stewarding and process of assessing penalties is exceptional.
Official Practice is a unique and valuable feature of SimRacingHub. It's an incentive for everyone to be on the track together prior to racing. And it gives newbies a way to meet many of the members and make their way in. And the Mini races are a great way to practice starts.
The move to Discord was good.
Most drivers are pretty good at racing in the company of others without mishaps.
I really like that we have full length races that follow the actual F1 schedule ( mostly ).

Answer:
Even at the back of the grid there are always one or two other drivers close to you that you can have a good race with.
Got some good coaching and help from several members.

Answer:
The "Hockenheim Affair"
Sean Higgins' horrible season. No luck at all.
Ivan missing .
Stephen Foley missing later on.

Answer:
I'd like to see an experiment where the race gets red-flagged/restarted every time until everyone makes it thru turn one. The last guy on the grid could call in an "all clear, turn one" to admin, after which the race would be allowed to continue normally.
Another step toward more realistic Front downforce to drag. ( Raising front wing only cost 1/3 kph top speed per click ) 2021 rear wing was just about right.
Just a shade more powerful brakes. Slightly improved rear brake cooling.
Front suspension could use a larger camber adjustment range. 2021's couldn't go negative enough to keep the the average inside tire temps 10-15 deg higher than the outside. Left front, usually.
Finer adjustments to the 3rd spring dampers would help hit the theoretical target numbers more closely. The other damper adjustments good.
Maybe add some incentive (bonus points, ?? ) for people who recruit new members that then actually show up and finish a certain number of races.
Maybe have a "Masters Division" championship for people over a certain age. ( Must be higher than Otto's or Richie's! )
Find sponsorship/donations to send the 2022 SRHF1 Champion to a 3-day course in an actual race car.
e.g.
https://www.allenbergracingschools.com/product/laguna-seca-formula-car-three-day/
2 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hey John Williamson, thanks for the link to the explanation of "free speech".
Good read.
2 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo
As previously stated after the incident in Germany, we asked all members of the league to always maintain cordial language on and off the tracks.

For a long time, Cory Mackey has demonstrated borderline behavior both while driving and on with his comments. We have always tried to handle these in the best way possible even though his actions have caused a toxic environment within the league members and administration.

Mackey is without a doubt a very competitive driver, capable of fighting for championships on multiple occasions, but his attitude with racing incidents, as well as his comments, most of the times ironic and disrespectful, overshadow his high competitiveness.

The goal of this thread was to listen to your opinions with the objective of improving the league. However, Mackey's comments have become an attack and an offense to many members of the league, and for the administration.

As administrators of the league, we feel we have exhausted all resources to convince Mackey to keep his attitude within the ropes without it being a problem for the rest of the members. However, his behavior has grown more toxic and harmful to our league.

Having said that, we are officially removing driver Cory Mackey from our community, our events, social networks, and communication channels.
2 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo
22: I think it’s time to shake up the mod a bit. Would be excited to build a brand new car next year. Brake duct is a killer for us heavy left foot guys lol. Could be my pedals.

23: back to backs remain a killer for me. I’d be ok with reducing the schedule. Ranking points being lost for warnings i think can be adjusted or reduced.

24 I as always enjoy the on track racing and vibes with the best league out there! I like 99% of everything. I’d be fine with everything staying exactly the same but enjoy the talk about changes

25 just back to backs I don’t like

26 duct and back to backs but also would enjoy some major changes to deal with setting up the car. Don’t touch the tyres I think they are awesome right now

Overall enjoyed this year a lot despite working two jobs getting in the way at times. Which is set to end soon!

And on a final note, Otto’s penalty and ban after Baku I think it was was absolutely bonkers…stay off the ganja stewards! Haha
2 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo

Answer: My comments are not necessarily about the mod because rfactor2 cannot handle hybrid engines properly. I am not a fan of the using boost vs using ERS, they are probably about the same but I would like a something a little closer to the actual cars. The brakes were a big issue for me after Mugello for some reason, even glyn was running less brake than I was able to do by 10-15% on avg. The ducts really affect the car way to much one way or the other.

Answer: I love the league and the people in it are typically very helpful, it is ran efficiently and pretty consistent with when the tracks go up although I would like to see them go up before the end of the weekend.

Answer: I enjoyed getting better through out the year after my back surgery, for the most part everyone is polite and has a willingness to help one another.

Answer: I think some of the forum posts get out of hand from time to time. I understand teammates want to take up for their teammate but they end up just being snarky at the end of the day.

Answer: I would like to see a new car model all together, there probably isn't a better sim to go to that would simulate F1 better than rfactor2 but it has definitely shown its age in the graphics department along with the physics. I also know a few of us were excited about the new car studio 397 dropped, until it dropped and we were disappointed. The league is amazing, most of the people are as well but I think the struggle now is with the car but that is my two cents from being around for only a year.
Fix brakes
New mod
Tracks up after f1 race on sunday, if we are going away from back to back races then after monday nights race is fine.
Lets do some actual testing in the winter series.
2 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo
being how i did not run this season , due to an injury early on then a decision not to spend more
time pressing buttons then racing i will refrain from discusssing the mod.
as far ae the remainder of points i can't really address the season as a whole but will just throw in my opinions!

#1 points - the full field should earn points in each race , this would at least involve more of a fight for positions
by all the drivers since the manufacture championship is really irrelevent! this creates an incentive for a position fight instead of a ranking fight.

#2 attendance to each race should have a high count towards the ranking and would benefit those that attend
and not just those who can win or finish up front week in week out!

#3 make all the races bi weekly and we could have a q session then a sprint qualifier on the alternating weeks off.
this way the grid is set early and races could be started a little earlier for those that have the time issues without
alienating the west coasters!

#4 perhaps a group of experts who can recommend some car settings for those who can't setup a car in every detail
such as brakes , radiator , wing suggestions. if its more then one or two it would be more in line of what is realistic.

#5 as far as the mod i would like to see one boost setting for the entire race making drs and tire choice the only difference
instead of who can push buttons the most efficiently!

#6 run the season as close to the real schedule as possible and follow the actual season tracks run but bi-weekly
and do away with the summer break!

#7 with all this said keep the tues practice session so there is an oppertunity for people to work together making
and sorting out setups , one of the 2 weeks would suffice for ranking .
2 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo
Answer: Good for the most part. RAD and brake duct had a lot of influence on lap times. Also, having to use so much forward brake bias due to how much the rear brakes over heat forced me to change the way I approached most corners.

Answer: Well run, well organized and members are always willing to accept newcomers and help them get up to speed. One will be hard-pressed to find a better place to race F1 cars.

Answer: Competition was top-level as always, having to bring A-game every race.

Answer: I was really unhappy about some of the stewards decisions. I felt rules were applied in a 'template' form without looking at context and other similar situations for the parties involved during the same race.

Answer: Brand new mod, keep the same tires, but it maybe good to solve the issue of the hard tires and how they were almost never used, maybe by increasing the degradation difference between the compounds.

About regulations, I am not sure how easy this is to solved since we don't have a live steward. I don't believe it is fair that people report to the stewards (mostly) incidents involving those people they don't get along with. I saw that more than once this year. Again, this is a tough one since it will take time to watch the entire race by 1 person looking for incidents that were not reported. One idea would be to use the race results stream for contact between drivers and use the timing in the stream to find the incident in the replay. Maybe assign one person per race to do this, not always the same. Some tools can be developed to help finding those incidents. Or maybe this is a moot point as I am sure the league will be a better, more enjoyable place from now on. I am sure of that.

Also, the stewards have all kinds of camera angles to analyze an incident, sadly from the cockpit a driver don't have the helicopter view to help him. I think rulings should be based on what a driver can see from his cockpit and mirrors, not from the vantage point of a fan sitting in the stands.
2 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo

Answer: I liked the mod a lot after I was able to get a stable setup to start out with (Thanks Otto!!). I didn't have much luck adjusting the setup to make it faster other than adapting the aero settings to the track.

I see a lot of complaints about the brakes/ducts and maybe that was affecting my competitiveness, but I didn't notice the difference in lap times that others did.
I used Sean's spreadsheet to adjust the ducts and many times still ended with quite a bit of brakes at the end, although at the last race I was down to 2.33
on the left front and still way off the pace.

Also, I don't know how much affect the radiator ducts had, but there were a few times when I could have used a choice of 5% more or less. I know the Stock Cars have a 1% adjustment, but I'm sure others would say that's too much.

As far as fuel consumption, the only way I think you could change it so that you wouldn't need to manage fuel usage would be to eliminate the boost and mixture settings and lower the fuel usage so that you would never have to worry about running out of fuel. Or you could just set fuel usage to zero in race settings.
Maybe only having boost without mixture would be better and maybe more boost level settings.

In general, I thought the tires were good, except the C1 and the step down in performance and/or longevity of the hard tires was too much which made 2 or 3 stop strategies with soft/medium tires too good.

Answer: Well run. Fair racing and comraderie by most.

Answer: In general I liked the format with the Tuesday night practice and mini races and the Q1/Q2 for qualifying and 100% race length. Also the requirement to return to the pits in qualifying and race instead of just hitting ESC.

Great racing toward the back of the field with Cook, Carney, Oppenheim, Farias and Foley. It was a lot of fun.

Answer: Obvious answer - being at least a second off the pace in every circumstance. That put me in a position to get lapped by half the field at least once in every race and unfortunately, in many cases, that did not go as well as I would have liked. It typically cost me 1 - 2 seconds and many times was difficult to find the best place to let the faster driver past. And if a blue flag came at a bad place on the track, like through a series of sweeping corners, it made it more challenging and sometimes I would get the message to move over or be penalized. At that point, I would have to move over and slow down quickly, which could be more jeopardizing.

Lack of consistent participation. I know it gets frustrating when things don't go well, but it would be nice if we could have full fields every race.

As far as teammates, it was like being the kid who gets picked last for the pick up game. :)

Answer: I'd like to see the Tues night minis start a little earlier and a gentleman's agreement to start on race fuel and tires that you are expecting to run in the race and better attendance in the minis. I'd like to see this primarily for practice starts.

As an alternative, which I brought up on Discord chat, switching Qualifying to Tuesday nights with Parc Ferme and a Sprint race (# of laps limited to less than 100 KM distance).
Qualifying would determine starting order (and starting tires) for Thursday nights and the starting order for the Sprint race would be reverse championship order (obviously not for the 1st Sprint race).
Because Parc Ferme can't be carried over to Thursdays race, setup changes could be made but may be minor since Parc Ferme would be in place for the Qualifying and Sprint race.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!