Friday, 26 March 2021
  4 Replies
  375 Visits
Votes
Undo
Scoring question. Let's say a guy on the lead lap runs out of gas on the last lap.I'm a lap down to the leader, but finish the race in 11th place. Does he get a dnf giving me the one point, or does he get to keep that point for 10th place?
If he keeps his position, does he get a penalty for not bringing the car back to the pits after the race? If not, you're rewarding him for irresponsible use of fuel and punishing the driver that finished a ap down to the leader but brings the car back, following the rules...
I finished with .7 litres after returning to the pits.

Should a driver that never crosses the finish line at the end of a race get a DNF and be disqualified?
(6 Votes)
2 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo
I see this as a gaping loophole in the rules
2 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo
He actually never finished the race so you should get the point.
2 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo
It doesn't work like that. As per article 25.1 from our rules and also real F1, the scoring of a driver is based on the length (in laps) the driver covered. In the scenario you are describing, the driver that ran out of fuel still managed to cover more distance than the guy that was a lap down.

The reason why this is like that is that what happens in the case where you start seeing retirements well into the point-scoring positions then? Nobody gets points, even when they cover the required minimum distance (75%, Article 25.2).

I suppose you are talking about what happened to Ezequiel, his running out of fuel cost him a lot more than what you think, he was running second and well ahead and finished 9th just because of the gap he managed to pull away from the rest that finished a lap behind him.

Yes, you lost a point, but Ezequiel lost 16, I'm sure that was not the plan for him.

Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director

2 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo
He should at least get a penalty for not bringing the car back to the pits after the race. If he ran proper fuel, he may not have been up in second place. Once again, a reward for ignoring the fuel rules .
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!