1. SRH Management
  2. 2020 Season
  3. Tuesday, 13 October 2020
Hi all,

As usual, at the end of the year, we run two surveys: The 2020 season survey and the next year's proposals.

Each survey answered gives you an additional 25 points towards the Performance Ranking. So if you answer both of them, you get a total of 50 bonus points.

The surveys will close on November 19th right after the conclusion of our final race of the season in Brazil.

Here are the links to the surveys:

2020 SEASON SURVEY: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5WCQ7NG

2021 PROPOSALS: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/876BMYX
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Is anyone else having trouble getting it to take the 2020 Survey?

When I click "Done" it keeps coming back with "This question requires an answer" below the first question, even though I did answer.

?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Which question is giving you issues Jeff Oppenheim?
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
#1, "How would you rate this year's mod"?

The message saying "this question requires an answer" only appeared after I'd answered all the questions and clicked "Done".

I tried changing the number of stars, but it kept returning "this question requires an answer".

Thx, Janos
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Tried again this morning and it worked fine.

All good.

Thx Janos
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Friendly reminder that the polls will close next Thursday.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
The surveys are now closed, here are the results links:

2020 Season Feedback: https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-3WLR8RZ67/

2021 Proposals: https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-DYSY5SZ67/

Thanks to all of you that participated in these surveys.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
After reading the comments in the surveys, here are some points I want to list:

1. The car did have too much drag, the aero settings were a bit useless when running them beyond low downforce.
2. We can't do anything about damage realism, that's an rF2 issue, not the mod.
3. We need to fix the fuel mixture and boost settings.
4. Someone suggested to have a dedicated social media person, I'm waiting for such person to come forward :)
5. The new penalty system seems to have worked pretty well this season, although we should consider mixing in time penalties, not just penalties for the following races.
6. People are flexible with the calendar, we will stick to the 20 race limit (sorry Adam) and will replace some tracks next season.
7. It is possible to finally race with rain, no more excuses.
8. Brake BIAS was indeed a problem, we need to allow room for adjustment, last season that was 50:50, this year it had to be more towards the front or else the brakes fail.
9. The lack of KERS or ERS is not a mod issue, is an rF2 issue.
10. You cannot carry over an engine from race to race, can't even do it from session to session. This is not viable with rF2. You could make something similar with upgrades but then it becomes hairy since not everyone consumes the engine the same, so forget about this idea since it's not practical to implement.
11. Real F1 doesn't allow for onboard anti-roll bar adjustments, so we won't either.
12. The damage multiplier is still split, we may raise it slightly but not to 100%, maybe to the same level as FiHSF1.
13. We need to evaluate another sim for 2022, I believe rF2 is dying a slow death. The developers are very slow coming up with changes and it is clear at this point that their focus is on VR and paid content. Assetto Corsa (AC) already has the new F1 cars and there's a lot of content out there for the sim. I also heard Automobilista 2 is pretty good, however, not so filled with content like AC. iRacing is out of the picture due to the amount of money people need to put in, and also it's quite hard to simulate the F1 season (not all tracks are there).
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
4. Someone suggested to have a dedicated social media person, I'm waiting for such person to come forward :)

I made this suggestion, but on second thought: There is no need for any social media of any kind since this is a 20 person league and anyone else is out of luck. Once you selected your drivers what is there for anyone else to do? I asked you last year to provide more cars and you told me that was too much work. There is no reason to even have the facebook page at this point.

5.The new penalty system seems to have worked pretty well this season, although we should consider mixing in time penalties, not just penalties for the following races.

I am not sure this system works. We had a driver intentionally and admittedly take another driver out at Austria and cause a multiple car pileup. If this would have been a real race people would have died. An obvious race ban or even a league ban. But what happened? The severity for the driver was 5. Start at the back of the grid next race. The person who got taken out got a 5.8, a high degree of penalty. It was very obvious after this point that the system is very flawed and biased.

7. It is possible to finally race with rain, no more excuses.

I thought we were going to get multiple race in the rain this year? Why did we not?

10. You cannot carry over an engine from race to race, can't even do it from session to session. This is not viable with rF2. You could make something similar with upgrades but then it becomes hairy since not everyone consumes the engine the same, so forget about this idea since it's not practical to implement.

I think we talked about this (.mas files) and it would probably be easy with rf2's auto installer than it was in rf1. I surrender to your denial of its possibility though, since I am actually not computer smart enough to show you.

13. We need to evaluate another sim for 2022, I believe rF2 is dying a slow death. The developers are very slow coming up with changes and it is clear at this point that their focus is on VR and paid content. Assetto Corsa (AC) already has the new F1 cars and there's a lot of content out there for the sim. I also heard Automobilista 2 is pretty good, however, not so filled with content like AC. iRacing is out of the picture due to the amount of money people need to put in, and also it's quite hard to simulate the F1 season (not all tracks are there).

Quite the contrary as RF2 has been updating there software non-stop for some time now. During the lockdown there were 2 esports formats that were being used for erace broadcasts: RF2 and iRacing. What is not working?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
Now that I have top level wheel and pedals I am able to compare the sophistication of each of the sims. I have done many laps in almost all the popular sims (except automobilista) and RF2 is still easily the best on force feedback and mod physics. IMHO Asseto Corsa steering feedback from the track is nowhere close to RF2. My vote is to stick with RF2. There is a reason that real F1 teams use RF2 in their simulators.
Thomas Shepherd
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
The root cause of pile-ups are not due to drivers intentionally or unintentionally banging wheels with each other, nor due to losing control of the car and stalling on track. The root cause of pile-ups lye farther behind within the drivers who are approaching the stalled/spun car, and with their negligence of following basic flag rules and protocol. Mostly because they lack awareness and the self discipline to take the time to train themselves to follow such flag rules. For as long as this problem exists into the future, you will continue to see pileups occur. As was the case in all previous years, just about every race this season includes one or more drivers continuing at racing speeds upon a yellow flag being displayed, with myself being victim in Austria of such a driver. The argument that I should've escaped immediately due to rear wing failure (per regulations) really doesn't have much weight behind it since it would've taken me longer to check through the menu systems and confirm the broken wing than it took for him to IGNORE yellow flag protocol and crash into me. If drivers cannot find it within themselves to train for such basic flag protocols, then the rulebook should at least include a specific section related to following yellow flag rules and protocol so that it can be defended. rFactor, iRacing, AC, etc. etc. didn't include yellow flags into their platforms for absolutely no good reason, indeed quite the contrary.

On a side note, and again in reference to the bogus, amateur argument that was made against me in Austria (which of course was eaten up by the bogus, amateur stewards)... I went back to Austria after race day and made many attempts of recreating my off-track excursion to see if I could've indeed done better at re-entering the circuit. The first few attempts had very similar results to what happened in the race. Only after multiple attempts and being well prepared and practiced at the excursion was I able to REGAIN and control the car better and re-enter farther down track in a safer manner. So, was it possible for me to have done better? Sure. Is it likely in a random situation during a racing session??... We saw the answer in the race. This is why following yellow flag protocol matters and should be enforced.

As for the brakes, finally the modders create a braking system that operates as they do on real cars and you guys want something more fake, like in previous years? Can't say I'm surprised.
https://i.ibb.co/2thtR20/Pics-Art-01-06-11-15-07.jpg
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
The root cause of pile-ups are not due to drivers intentionally or unintentionally banging wheels with each other, nor due to losing control of the car and stalling on track. The root cause of pile-ups lye farther behind within the drivers who are approaching the stalled/spun car, and with their negligence of following basic flag rules and protocol. Mostly because they lack awareness and the self discipline to take the time to train themselves to follow such flag rules. .......
The argument that I should've escaped immediately due to rear wing failure (per regulations) really doesn't have much weight behind it since it would've taken me longer to check through the menu systems and confirm the broken wing than it took for him to IGNORE yellow flag protocol and crash into me. /quote]

Didn't you just contradict yourself about being aware of what is going on?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 11
Votes
Undo
I didn't read any of what you said, and I'm not playing your games. Thanks anyway

Since when did you start reading again?

Next step: Comprehension.

I don't have time to waste on sub-elite class, incomprehensible attempt at conversation. Save your nonsense for the next person you take out of a GP.
https://i.ibb.co/2thtR20/Pics-Art-01-06-11-15-07.jpg
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 12
Votes
Undo
I didn't read any of what you said, and I'm not playing your games. Thanks anyway

Since when did you start reading again?

Next step: Comprehension.

I don't have time to waste on sub-elite class, incomprehensible attempt at conversation. Save your nonsense for the next person you take out of a GP.

You're such a dick sometimes. I see you're still butt hurt over something from months ago. I'll call the WHAAAAMBULANCE for you.
Hig OUT!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 13
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!