1. Bill Worrel
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. Monday, 03 August 2020
For those that might be interested in trying something different during the summer break, there is a league that will be running their Academy "season" next Sunday, August 9th starting at 10:05 AM EDT (7:05 AM PDT). It consists of 2 back to back 45 minutes races in which 40 competitors race in either the Norma LMP3 car or the Porsche 911 GT3 R car. 20 drivers in each and then switch to the other car for the following race.

All the information about the league is available here: https://simracing.club/
This league is the official endurance league of Studio 397 and is run by their competition director.

The race settings are 100% damage, 2x fuel and tires so that you will have to pit in each.

If you're interested, first check to make sure you have the following cars in your Steam inventory:
Porsche 911 GT3 R

Norma M30 LMP3

If you don't have any of the GT3 cars, you can get the GT3 packs, which are on sale for 50% off. If you own one of the packs (5 cars in each), you can get the other pack.
If you're not sure which packs to get, contact me and I can help.

GT3 Power Pack

GT3 Challengers Pack, which includes the Porsche 911 GT3 R

It's best to get both packs (if you don't own any) or none rather than only one of them, because they're going to drop these for a GT3 Bundle that includes all of them. So if you only buy one pack and wait to get the other GT3 cars, you'll end up buying them twice.

The Norma M30 LMP3 is only available stand alone for about $6 or as part of the Endurance Bundle which is not on sale anymore for about $25:
Endurance Bundle

First step is to sign up on their forum here: SimRacing.club forum
Then when your account is approved, post in their intro thread.

Then read the information in the S45 Sign up thread under SRC Academy.

Then to sign up for the race, you'll want to set up an alarm for 2 PM EDT (11 AM PDT) on Wednesday August 5th. At that time, you'll need to go to the home page and under SRC Academy is a Sign up link. That link will only work starting at that time.

And here's the key: This will likely fill up in a matter of minutes so you need to sign up at that time.

I have pretty good setups for both cars that I used when I raced in it, that I'll send you. And for those that may question them, I got them from someone else. :)

So, I challenge any of you to race in this and see if you're good enough to follow the rules, race cleanly and finish both race and get your license. ;)
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
This will likely fill up in a matter of minutes so you need to sign up at that time.

They had 39 entries within 1 minute. Then they opened it again and had another 38 in about 45 minutes. So they're running 2 servers.

But none of you had the ... to accept my challenge. :p
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I think it’s the windshield something with the windshield they don’t like.:D
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!