1. Janos Magasrevy
  2. 2020 Season
  3. Saturday, 22 February 2020
Here are the proposed 2020 regulations.

http://www.simracinghub.com/srhf1/srhf1-2020-regulations

The biggest changes are:

Section 8 - Team and Teammate Selection Process
Sections 9 through 11 - I made major changes here in an effort to make the league more transparent, objective, and efficient when it comes to handing out penalties

Let's get the discussion going, what do you think of the changes?
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
So, if someone, say ,,,Rich , decides to ignore the wet weather and brave out the rain storm, while others take the safe route with wets, and NOT use wet weather rubber, he will still be held to the two dry compounds per race rule. I was thinking, and could be wrong, that the FIA "calls" the wet weather situation at which time the rule of using a pair of dry compounds is removed. I don't ever recall a time where a team rolled the dice and didn't put on wets. This is probably due to how much slower slicks would be in any kind of wet track. In Rich the Brave's situation, the call is triggered by him going in to get wet tires.

Let me be devil's advocate for a moment, just because I do that better than drive. What if it begins to rain, and only a few drivers elect to go with wets. Those guys could then run the race on one type of dry compound from then on, where as the teams that stayed on dry tires would have to change to a 2nd compound at some point.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Well it looks like I confused things more than clarify them.

How about we say something like if there's 20% rain falling (pick a number) then the dry weather tire rules don't apply anymore?

Is that better?
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
A clarification was made to rule 14.9 regarding wet-weather races:

14.9 - Should there be wet weather at any point during the race, Article 14.5 will not be enforced.

changed to

14.9 - Should there be wet weather requiring the use of a wet-weather tire compound at any point during the race, Article 14.5 will not be enforced.

This still is hazy to me. So if Haynie feels he is required to use wet weather tires, then I can run Soft tires all race if I can stay on the track?

I think you should change the rule to: Should a driver use a wet weather tire compound during the race, then 14.5 doesn't apply.

I would think that would get across what you're trying to get at. If I understand what you're getting at. I can't think of a way to cheat the system in the dry by using a wet weather tire compound.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
John Williamson The tactic was used last race at Hungary. Haas hit the pits at the end of the recon lap, before the race started for a change to dry tires.

Haas was penalized because the drivers asked if it was okay to pit, thereby allowing the pits to determine their actions. If they had simply pit without asking for advice, no problem. "I'm pitting for medium tires" would have been the right radio communication. Gotta know the rules.

BTW, This seemed like a good strategy, and we tried it during practice Tuesday, but it fouled up the race, it wouldn't start.

Sean Higgins Janos says you have to use the wets to clear the 14.5 rule. What if you start on slicks, then use wets or inters later? :D

The Loophole Seeker
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
I understand what Janos wants, but reading the regulations still, leaves room for doubt. Just my 2 cents
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
We are probably overcomplicating this thing and missing common sense...

All I'm trying to avoid is someone taking advantage of a dry line and be able to race the whole thing with the same dry compound claiming that it rained.

I'm no lawyer nor my English is great so let's try to get this clear for everyone before we race tonight.

Sean Higgins Janos says you have to use the wets to clear the 14.5 rule. What if you start on slicks, then use wets or inters later?

You are clearing the rule the second you put those wet tires, so why is that some trick? If you start on slicks then you are still under dry-tire rules.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
I thought the recon lap wasn't considered part of the race. So changing your tyre on the formation lap wouldn't count towards the regulation. Correct?
https://i.ibb.co/QQQRkjr/team-Car-img.png
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
The race starts when the lights indicate so. The formation lap does not indicate that.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
It was a strategy move. No one ran the intermediates after the start, Haas just got the jump on a few competitors. KMag scored points because of the move. Demoted from 8 to 9 after time penalty for pit assistance.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 9
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!