Thursday, 26 November 2015
  14 Replies
  21.6K Visits
Votes
Undo
http://www.simracinghub.com/images/events/SRHF1/2020/02-Bahrain/SRHF1-2020-02-BAH-Track.png

http://www.simracinghub.com/images/downloads/download_bar_2019.png

Made by: CTDP
Converted and updated by: McNolo
Modified by: GPVWC, SimRacingHub
Last Updated: 19/March/2021
Size: 251MB
more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo
The track has been updated.
more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo
The track has been updated in preparation for the SRHF1 2017 Bahrain Grand Prix.
more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo
There are reports from drivers that this track has a lot of stuttering at night, let's keep that in mind for the race in 2018.

Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director

more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo
The track has been updated in preparation for our 2018 race. Please report any track issues here.
more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo
The track has been updated in preparation for our SRHF1 2019 Bahrain Grand Prix.
more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo
The track has been updated in preparation for our SRHF1 2020 Bahrain Grand Prix.
more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo
We propose to race this track during day time for 2021 due to the light flickering and issues with shadows at night.
more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi,

Very nice set of tracks available on this site. A great deal of detail has gone into their making.

I did notice however that in VR I am experiencing a lot of dropped frames (visual stutters) yet the FPS is always above 90 which is odd. This makes it difficult to enjoy these tracks in VR. My PC is quite recent and is able to handle all rfactor2 default tracks without any issues (i7 10th gen, RTX3070, 32GB ram). This happens even when setting all graphics options to low/off. It appears to be worse when there are buildings in view.

Is this something the authors are aware of? Is there something that could be done to improve the experience in VR?

Best,

A
more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Alexandre,

All of the tracks that are published on our website are done by other developer groups that we credit in the download info.

This issue that you are having with VR, is it just for this Bahrain track? I ask because we have other guys racing with VR and haven't heard the same issues you are having

I do know that this track has issues at night, I suspect it has to do with the lighting.

Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director

more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Janos,

Thanks for the quick reply. My issue seems track dependent and mostly affects tracks with a high number of buildings (e.g. Bahrain, Abu Dhabi). Oddly enough, the problem is there even when track details are set to low. However, I found a workaround that helps reduce dropped frames. Windows Mixed Reality (my type of VR headset) has released its own version of Oculus' Asynchronous Space Warp (ASW), a type of image smoothing, which is quite effective. It took me a while to figure out how to enable this feature as you have to mess with config files, but now that it is, the problem is mostly gone.

Alex
more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo
The track has been updated in preparation for the SRHF1 2021 Bahrain Grand Prix. The track was now made generic for all seasons given that there's no longer a loading screen with the new UI.
more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo
All of the tracks that are published on our website are done by other developer groups that we credit in the download info.

You're sure?

So tell me something, this track have converted by yourself?

And if not, why on all the tracks you have STOLEN does it say "Made by: GPVWC" making everyone believe that it is your own work?
more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo
I just realized that GPVWC is not yourselves, sorry for that. In any case, GPVWC has not created any of those tracks, at most they have made some small modifications.

What you get by taking away the credit from the real authors, both those who create the track at source and those who convert it for use in rFactor 2, is that these creators decide not to publish their work anymore and that is exactly what will happen.

I have seen here up to 8 tracks that were converted by RaceRfactor (lagg and myself) and another (Bahrain), which has been converted and updated by me, with permission from CTDP. Some have been modified and others not so much, but all are based on our work. Obviously the original tracks were created by other people to whom we do give credit, unless they are from big companies, like Codemasters, for obvious reasons.

So, stop giving credence to people or groups who have stolen the work of others to publish it as their own. In any case, it is fair to mention all those involved in the version you publish and in chronological order, for example Bahrain. This would be the correct thing to do:

Made by: CTDP
Converted and updated by: McNolo
Updated to this version: GPVWC (in case they have done any updates)

Regards.
more than a month ago
·
Votes
Undo
McNolo, it is never our intention to credit the wrong people. Sometimes it's hard to almost impossible to know who made the content.

I've added you to the credits of this track because obviously, you know more of it than we do.

For the record, we (SRH) did make some modifications to it and GPVWC also so I'm crediting those too.

Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!